Cap-it® is seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join the Finance team at its Corporate Head Office. This exciting role offers an opportunity for career development and training and will provide the successful candidate with the practical experience requirements necessary to complete the CPA program.
The Intermediate Accountant will be an organized self-starter who is attentive to detail, can exercise judgement and is able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Perform general accounting activities for month end close, including account reconciliations, accruals, recurring and other adjusting journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of internal financial statements
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Maintain capital asset continuity schedules, including calculation of depreciation, and recording of additions and disposals
- Reconcile inter-company transactions
- Assist with the preparation of year end working papers
- Prepare and assist with special reports, projects, and other accounting duties as assigned by Accounting Manager
- Enrolled in the CPA Program with 2-3+ years of experience in full-cycle accounting or equivalent experience
- Understanding of accounting standards and financial reporting principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong, proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
The Cap-it® Genuine Truckware™ chain of retail stores offers the largest selection of pickup accessories anywhere. Tires and wheels, hitches, racking, lights, truck caps, power sports products, suspension systems, work truck accessories, and adventure products – you name it, we carry it. The most innovative products, the best brands, the best value and the best advice. Cap-it installs everything the company sells, with service provided by employees who undergo rigorous hands-on training and attend regular workshops to keep up to date on the latest techniques and innovations. Cap-it® operates 30 stores across North America.
What Cap-it Offers:
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Personalized training and development
- Education/tuition assistance
- Employee discount
- Culturally diverse and collaborative work environment that promotes work-life balance
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30-5:00pm
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted. Thank you!